the fourth pillar of democracy is journalism, and media reporting has fallen?
India is the largest democratic country. It has also given a chance for journalism to grow and flourish. We may not know, but Journalism has considered as the fourth pillar of democracy.
It is good to know how Indian media has a huge role in economic growth.
1. What is journalism?
Journalism is a form of communication. A communication which takes place between the government and common people through various mediums of media with the help of journalists.
It is an activity where journalists raise their voice on behalf of common people.
Journalism provides information. And it serves the public on the current happenings and things the hat could happen in the future.
Mainly the information should be as such which help people think free and big. Which means the news or information which is provided to the public should be pure and unadulterated.
2. Duties to fulfill
Now that we have understood the meaning of journalism and media, let’s understand the duties and responsibilities of journalism.
The information they provide to citizens of a democratic country must be true and pure. People believe with the information they provide and trust whatever is plated in front of them. It should not be based on any propaganda or biased.
Example: people should rely on journalist and on the information they provide about a candidate which needs to be true so that they can decide who to vote for.
Most importantly, they should work independently and use all their power to serve people. They have to become a voice of the common man of the country and fight for them.
They ought to make people aware about the country and government. Make them learn what is good for them. They are expected to bring transparency and make India better.
3. Disorienting its image
With so much, power and achievement in the field of journalism, are they working for the good of the country and people? Here the question arises whether they are aware of their duties and responsibilities? Do they realize where they may lead by misreporting and misguiding? It feels like they are misusing their power and freedom.
It is not working as it should. It is acting as a safeguard to the government. It seems like they are paid to be loyal to the government. Due to various political parties, journalism has become a propaganda machine.
Somewhere we people are the reason behind their fake work. We are taking as they provide without any expectations. We have lowered our standards according to them and encouraging them to do what they do.
The news they are providing leads us nowhere. It is creating disputes among communities and whatnot. Which will certainly create hatred among nations and people?
4. Check-in their responsibilities
In one or the other way they journalism is losing its value among the present generation. People are getting aware of their biased work. Are people supposed to trust them with the information they provide? Most probably are the youngsters worried about this scenario and the situation around them. Because youngsters nowadays are least bothered turn pages of knowledge.
The field of journalism work for the parties who pay them. They cook and provide stories which are not relevant in any form to the growth of the nation.
- Making a video viral in which a girl shoots an imaginary bullet on a crush in an educational institute. But forgets to bring a young girl in public who creates works record and wins a gold medal in shooting
- Passport official rejects Hindu-Muslim couples application
Something is very wrong with the Indian media. They show meetings of political parties their channel but never show incidents which make Indian people proud.
News channels these days are filled with parties and communal fights. News shown are repeated 3 -4 days. In 30 minutes of news, you would get only 5 minutes of information.
The expectation from the Indian public
- journalism has to change from the way it is currently working.
- The quality of news and information should improve.
- It should break the chain and provide something real and helpful.
- They should realize showing Bollywood news and debates which are of no use to people.
- They have to work independent provider all their power to safeguard peoples interest and not the government.
- They have to stop being bias and propaganda machines.
- Stop providing negative information regarding the growth of the country.
- As we have seen above, how journalism and media reporting plays a role in a country. The Indian media must generate better news for the growth of democracy in a country.
- Change is necessary for Indian media reporting and journalism. And a change will build better India.
YOU HAVE GIVEN THE VOTE,
NOW IT’S THEIR DUTY TO WORK,
AND YOUR DUTY TO ASK IF IT IS DONE OR NOT.
DON’T SUPPORT THE POWER, YOU HAVE ALREADY EMPOWERED THEM WITH YOUR VOTE.
BE A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN AND ASK THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA OR TWITTER HANDLE IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE, REMOVE THE CURTAIN OF BLINDNESS AND MOVE ON.
THANK YOU FOR THE READ AND STABILITY ON THIS ARTICLE.